If you have young children, you know that the wake-up call comes early on Christmas morning. Watch the joy unfold with this comforting yet easy overnight breakfast recipe.
Christmas morning in a mug
Total time: 5 minutes
Makes 1 serving
• 40 g instant rolled oats
• 150g plain yoghurt (use plant-based yoghurt for a non-dairy option)
• ½ scoop vanilla protein powder
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• Pinch of gingerbread spice
1. In a bowl, mix instant oats with ½ scoop vanilla protein powder and water. Microwave for about 45 seconds or until desired consistency.
2. Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract to the Greek yogurt and mix well.
3. In a clean mug, begin layering the oats alternately with the Greek yogurt until all the ingredients are gone.
4. Sprinkle some gingerbread spice on top if you like.
5. Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight for a takeout breakfast. Enjoy!